1) Will I get my heart rate up? Increasing heart rate triggers fat metabolism and hormone secretion of dopamine. Exercise increases blood calcium, which stimulates dopamine production and uptake in your brain. This occurs at faster rates when increasing heart rate.2) Am I using more than one group of muscles? Performing functional multi-joint exercises. Use more than one joint over a single joint exercise to engage more muscles = more output.
3) Is there variety? New sensations and experiences activates brain when taking on something that your brain is not used to. E.g. Perform conditioning workout instead of boring treadmill in straight line.
4) How will this help me burn fat? Do a workout that places a demand on your bodies energy levels so that you are using fat as fuel.
5) Is it fun? Doing the same thing day-in-day out signals a very short relationship with exercise. Mix each session up with; a new location, workout structure, training partner, gym equipment, road, park etc etc.
For more on the structure of fat loss workouts, take a squizz at the article I wrote in Skippers magazine last month http://issuu.com/lawrieb81/docs/skippers_34/24
No comments:
Post a Comment